“The World’s biggest Power is the Youth and the Beauty of a Woman” – Chanakya
And when a Young Beautiful Woman wins the “Miss World” title it brings power to the Nation automatically.
Now, India has the honor to hold the most number of Miss World Titles along with Venezuela. Six times Indian Women brought Power to the nation by winning the “Miss World” contest, which is one of the three most publicized beauty contests in the world.
Miss World is the oldest running international beauty contest with the motto – “Beauty with a Purpose”. It was founded in the United Kingdom in 1951.
List of Miss Worlds from India with some Interesting details
1. Reita Faria
- The First Indian and also the First Asian Woman became the Winner of the Miss World Contest in 1966 at the age of 23.
- She went on to become the First Miss World Winner who qualified as a Doctor.
Winner of “Miss Bombay 1966”
Winner of “Eve’s Weekly Miss India 1966”
2. Aishwarya Rai
- The Second Indian Woman who became the Winner of the Miss World Contest in 1994 at the age of 21.
- Aishwarya Rai was architecture student at the time when she won the title.
- She has often been called “The Most Beautiful Woman in the world”.
- This Beautiful Lady has been awarded the “Padma Shri” by the Government of India in 2009.
- She has correctly quoted that – “No one is perfect and everyone is different but everyone is Beautiful in their own way and that’s what makes us Special”.
3. Diana Hayden
- The Third Indian Woman who became the Winner of the Miss World Contest in 1997 at the age of 24.
- She won “Femina Miss India” contest in 1997.
- Before she began modelling, she worked as an Event Manager.
4. Yukta Mookhey
- The Fourth Indian Woman who became the Winner of the Miss World Contest in 1999 at the age of 22.
- She studied Zoology and has a diploma in computer science, and also has studied Hindustani Classical Music for Three Years.
- In 2004, she became member of the political party Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP).
5. Priyanka Chopra
- The Fifth Indian Woman who became the Winner of the Miss World Contest in 2000 at the age of 18.
- After winning she said – “When I became Miss World, I couldn’t believe I had won it. I used to sleep with my crown because I was scared someone would steal it”.
- Priyanka Chopra was a criminal psychology student at the time when she won the title.
- She is one the Highest Paid and Most Popular celebrities of India for her Acting, Singing, Film Producing and also Philanthropy.
- This Gorgeous Lady has been awarded the “Padma Shri” by the Government of India in 2016
6. Manushi Chhillar
- The Sixth Indian Woman became the Winner of the Miss World Contest in 2017 at the age of 20.
- She won the “Femina Miss India” contest in 2017.
- At present, she is pursuing a medical degree at Sonipat.
- She has attended the National School of Drama and is a trained Kuchipudi dancer.
- Her advice to youngsters is – “Belief in yourself and never shy away from hard work. It does not matter what others think, “Beauty” is just perception. Get up every morning, tell yourself you are beautiful, and gear up to win”.